In this episode, Concetta and Carol talk about what it means to be a Human Doing vs. a Human Being in today’s world. It’s a question all of us must ask ourselves as we live in an increasingly complex, fast-paced and ever-changing world that involves so much doing. Most everyone’s day appears to be externally driven involving so much doing.
Concetta and Carol explore a variety of things that impact and influence the amount of Human Doing vs. Being and what we can do create more of a balance between the two, such as:
- Balancing action and rest
- What is it to be a Human “BEing” (as a verb)?
- Stillness in being
- “Indulging” in the present moment
- Healing from burnout – the power of Nature
- Decision points
- What is human “DOing”?
- Balance achievement and being busy with self-nurturing
- The continuum of doing and being
- Living life on purpose
- Benefits of balance
- Role of meditation and self-reflection
- How to address hindrances for balance
- Time and Trust
- Power of choice
- Tips and Techniques
- Being = Nourishment of mind and body
- Being in tune with the cycles of life
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
The Sensitivity Cycle Mentioned
As referenced in The Wisdom of a Pause For Clarity To Act
Music by Jonn Serrie
Intro and Outro music composed and recorded by Jonn Serrie.