Sacred space. It’s a personal expression of our need as human beings for spiritual nurturing. A place to tap into the deeper recesses of our soul.
Sacred Space is a place that has special meaning for us and it’s up to each of us to decide what we want from the space and what we practice for personal nourishment within the space. Whether for meditation, quiet contemplation, journaling, ritual, yoga, etc. There are many ways to enjoy the space to include considerations for who and for how many, how you want to be with it, and what it might contain – altar, incense, candles, crystals, plants, divine symbols, and other special objects.
In this episode, Ann and Carol expand the discussion on a recent blog post “How To Create Sacred Space In Your Home Or Anywhere” written by Ann. They share their own experiences and insights on creating space within the home and enjoying the serenity of spaces outside the home, and how the sacred space should be a personal expression of the intention we set for it.
Episode highlights include:
- Early experiences with Sacred Space – Grandmother Tree, Mountains, etc.
- Power spots in the natural world
- Observation inspires awareness of the sacred
- Bringing qualities of nature into your home
- Purpose of creating the Space at home
- Build energy in the sacred spot
- Mini alters throughout your space
- Creating a “Story House”
- Use your intuition
- In your garden
- Animals tune in to energy – use them to help you find your space
- Make your own transporter room
- You can find Sacred Space anywhere you go
- Clear the space – Shake up the energy
- Rituals enhance Space
- Techniques for meditation
- Focusing on the “still points”
- Tips for meditation
- Create your own space: Set the intention, choose a spot, get creative
- Find the sacred in every moment
Music by Jonn Serrie
Intro and Outro + Special bonus for tuning into today’s episode at the end. Listen in to hear a meditative piece of music called “Breath of the Valley” composed and recorded by Jonn Serrie.